Saturday, December 28, 2013

What IS the point of a belly button anyway ?

My husband asked me this while we were bandaging up my new belly button. I thought about it and there really is no need for a belly button after you are born, is there other than for looks alone.

After surgery, a new belly button is formed by your surgeon. This surgery is called Umbilicoplasty. My husband is grossed out by the belly button because you can see into the hole before it closes up. He said that he can see my insides. Ok. Whatever.

My doctor suggested putting Bacitracin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment just inside the new belly button. Then, cover it with a Band-Aid. Please check with your doctor for specific instructions.

Do not "poke around", as you might cause the belly button to bleed. If you begin to bleed or have puss coming from the belly button, call your doctor immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.