Friday, November 29, 2013

The "S" Word

Ok....... It's been long enough. I have been waiting it seemed like forever to get this surgery over and move on with my life. My doctor and I had discussed two possibilities: Mastectomy with implants and a TRAM Flap surgery. (Here's some more information about the TRAM FLAP surgery).

My doc said I was just on the edge of the weight recommended for the TRAM surgery, so, unless I could lose a little weight, we would probably go with the straight implant surgery. I thought that I would do what I can and see what happens. I tried to watch what I ate a little bit and started walks around the neighborhood, But I just couldn't lose any weight. I figured that I was destined to go implants.

My Mom and both sisters went with the implants and were happy to choose what breast size they would ultimately be. My Mom and one sister went straight to implants, while my other sister did expanders. She said that it was uncomfortable, but not horrible. I wasn't really looking forward to going in every few weeks or month and tweaking it (Bad memories from braces !).

At my next appointment, my doc did the measurements, head tilt and grabbed at my fat again. He said no problem, we can do the TRAM and I could be C, just like I was after the reduction. YEAH !!! I knew that it was going to be a tougher surgery, but I would be happy with the results after it was over. Even if I was slightly slimmer, I would be happy. I couldn't get any fatter, right ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.