Thursday, January 2, 2014

Is that a seroma, or are you just happy to see me ?

Seroma. Ick. It all started a few days after my "conversion". Once the doctor cut the bulb and drain off, there is no longer suction to the tube in draw out the fluids left in the body. Unfortunately, I think that some of those stringy tissue things have blocked up my drain and I went from changing my pad out every few hours to absolutely NOTHING draining. As the days go on, I have developed a bulge from the fluid building up.

At first, I thought maybe I was imagining it and the draining was just done, but even my husband could tell and he does a daily inspection to tell me that it has gotten bigger. I can see the bulge when I look in the mirror. One side of my belly button is flat, while the other is puffed out.

As much as I hate calling the doctor after hours, I put a call in and the on-call doctor told me not to worry. It was not likely to become infected, I just need to come in and then we could decide what to do. Of course, with my luck, this all began on New Year's Eve, so the office is closed New Year's Day and then we got a major snowstorm last night. So, I have an appointment set up for tomorrow to see what we can do. Hopefully they get the roads clear or this thing starts draining !

I am hoping that the build up will create some pressure and push the tissue stuff out of the way. So far, not so good. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.