Friday, November 29, 2013

Plastic Surgeon..... Round 2

Soooo.... where were we ? I guess it was a bout a year ago. I just had my oophorectomy and life was pretty good. The surgery wasn't horrible and I was back to work after a few days. No one even knew (other than my boss), and I was ok with that. I am a pretty private, modest person. I like people, but I don't like them knowing my business. I really like my co-workers, but I just wasn't ready at that point to broadcast it. I knew that I was going to do the surgery, just not exactly when or how.

Shortly after the ooph, I made an appointment with my sister (another one) and my Mom's breast surgeon and plastic surgeon. My mom had not troubles, but my sister had a few issues, which made me hesitate about going with this ps. I had my appointment with the breast surgeon first. I LOVE her. Can I say that ? She was so accommodating and made me feel like a person, not just a patient. She talked to me like a friend rather that someone paying her. She answered all of my questions and didn't make me feel dumb for asking. I did ask her about the other doc. She reassured me that if I wanted to meet with another one, she would go with me and we could talk about it together or whatever made me feel the most comfortable. I asked her about the doc that my Mom and sis saw and I asked her "If it were you, what would you do ?". She said 100% she would go with him. No question about it. So, I figured if he was good enough for a top breast surgeon, he would probably be good enough for little old me ;) So, next on the checklist was meeting with the plastic surgeon. I was a bit worried because I am kind of joker and I had heard that he was kind if a dry guy. Looking back, what the heck was I thinking. I wasn't going to to go with a skilled surgeon because he didn't laugh at me jokes ? Silly.

At first it was uncomfortable, stripping down for him, his assistant. Taking pictures (really uncomfortable). I just tried to put myself in a different place. My head wasn't on any of them and they were from the waist up, but they definitely weren't flattering ! The reassuring thing was that this was the WORST that they were ever going to look. I was going to look better. Not immediately, but we would get there. By the way, although he wasn't Jokey McJokester, he was no where near as bad as I had imagined. Once again, make your own judgements based on personal experience. Others will have their opinions, but this is about YOU and your comfort level !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.