Monday, October 29, 2012

My oophorectomy

The surgeon that I met with suggested that I do the surgeries at separate times in order for the recovery to go a little more easily. I had one sister who combined surgeries and one who did separate surgeries, so I was not dead set either way. My gynecologist is moving out of state at the end of the month, so it was important for me that she do the surgery, since she had help me to make up my mind about what to do. The surgery went well. Compared to my 3 C-Sections, it was a piece of cake ! The first day, I slept for almost the whole day, while my husband was a superstar and took care of the kids. The second day was better. I still took my Tylenol 3's every 4 hours, but I was able to go up and down stairs and move around relatively well. Day 3 my husband and I took the kids downtown trick or treating and I walked for a good 2 hours with out pain or too much discomfort (No pills). I'm on Day 4 and I am just slightly sore. I did have a few twinges earlier, so I took the last of my meds and sat down for a bit.
My biggest problem is the bloating. It is hard to wear your regular pants becuase of the bloating. They rub up against the incisions (especially the belly button)which make it a little uncomfortable. I just wore a pair of my "fat jeans" and pulled them down below my belly. Really attractive ;)
Another issue is the bleeding. I am on Day 4 and still bleeding pretty heavily. Not a big deal, but come on ! I was really looking forward to no more periods ! I got rid of all of my tampons and pads and so I had to buy some more. Oh well. Just a few more days and it will be over.
As far as the hormones go, I haven't noticed any difference at all. My husband may beg to differ. LOL I did lose it when my 2 year old dumped out a whole bin of Polly Pocket miniatures that I JUST spent a half an hour cleaning up. Wouldn't you cry too ? :)He tried to say hormones, but I said nope. Just frustration. I have been taking Prempro since the day of surgery and things are going fine so far. One of my sisters is taking regular old Birth Control pills, so I guess it just depends on what works best for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.