Friday, November 29, 2013

This is IT !!!!!

Finally. I was within a week of the surgery. I had let school know, made plans for the kids, packed my bag. Filled all of my prescriptions. I thought that I was ready. Maybe. I have to admit, I did have a moment (or two) where I thought about the "what-ifs". Do I need to make out a will ? Should I write out a list of songs and readings that I liked for my funeral? I knew that it was silly, I just remember hearing about people my age who die from blood clots after surgery or something weird and I didn't want to be unprepared. But then I just said to myself  "Self, you are being silly. There is nothing that you can do about surgery. You are going to knocked out. You aren't doing any of the cutting, stitching or anything. The only thing that you CAN do is follow the directions from the docs and nurses after". And that is is exactly what I am doing. BTW- I didn't die, just in case you were wondering ;)

Ok. Let me back up a bit and go over the surgery, hospital, blah, blah, blah......


The day has arrived. All of the planning, waiting, hoping, dreading, crying, worrying has come to an end.
I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 6am. Since I live an hour away, I was pretty darn tired. I knew that I would sleep most of the day anyway, but my husband was going to be exhausted ! I checked in, they called me right back and I got all dressed up in my beautiful gown. Met with the anesthesiologist, my breast surgeon came in a reassured me. Then my plastic surgeon came in. another awkward artist session, at least this time, I was a little numb in the breast area. :)

So, after my IV went in, off to sleep I went. I don't even remember going into the Operating Room like I usually do. So, for the next 5-5 1/2 hours, I was sleeping soundly without a care in the world. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.