Friday, December 19, 2014

Wow..... It's been a while !

I just realized that I haven't posted in quite a while. Did you miss me ? :) I am happy to say that everything turned out well with the biopsy. No cancer !!! I have just been busy with kids and work and everything else that life wants to throw at me.

While I am so happy that there was no cancer, my breast surgeon saw me for a recheck and referred me to one of her associated to take a look at my abdomen. It is still quite lumpy/bumpy. She also sent me for a CT scan to see if we could determine what exactly was going on. I met with the surgeon and liked him immediately. He explained that my lower bulge was likely due to all of the trauma caused by the constant opening and reopening of that area. The muscle may or may not bounce back. So basically. I am stuck and just need to wait and see if it will repair itself. He was more concerned about my upper abdomen. Remember how I had that bulge right under my ribs ? The ER doc said cellulitis. My PS told me that it was fat/fluid. The new doc said that it was more likely a muscular issue. He thinks that it is most likely a hernia inside that keeps popping out when I strain or use the muscle. So what does that mean ? Another surgery. Seriously.

The doc plans on going in my original incision and then they will go up and work on the upper issue. He is going to go in there to see exactly what the problem is and stretch the muscle back or add mesh across my upper abdomen to strengthen the area. He is also going to check out the lower area and see what's going on there.

I kind of knew that this might be coming, so I am not totally surprised. Did I want to avoid it, yes, but I do not want to look like this any longer. I feel like it is shallow to say that I am not happy with how I look, but the reality is if I don't fix it, it will get worse and this will have to be done eventually.

So, that's where I am at. Fun times :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.