Monday, May 12, 2014

The "Worst Case Scenario" patient

Side Effects:

Swelling...............................Check
Seroma.................................Check
Delayed Wound Healing......Check
Lymphedema........................Check
Scar Tissue...........................Check
Hernia...................................Check

What's left ?

OK, so remember that "bulge" in my abdomen ? I was having some pain and discomfort and the ER doctor said that it was a hernia. Great. My doc ordered a CT Scan and then I saw him the next day. He said "Good news. No fluid collection and it is not a hernia, just weakened muscle". Unfortunately, there is no way to resolve this other than going back in for surgery again. This is a total bummer, but I was expecting it, so no big surprise. I would be sooooooooo happy if this gets resolved and I have no further issues. It would be so nice to get through this and then move on with my life.

I feel like I have been in a holding pattern for the past 6 months. Once I get through one thing, there is always something else to get through, then something else. When I am feeling down about how long this recovery is taking, I just tell myself that it will be so worth it in the long run. My chances are so much better because of this surgery. Yeah, it really sucks right now. All that I want is to feel normal again. No more aches and pains, no more bulges. I'll get there. I'm trying to be patient, but sometimes that is easier said than done.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.