Friday, November 29, 2013

Subtraction before addition

So. The reduction. I have had several surgeries throughout my life, so I wasn't too worried about the surgery. This surgery should only take an hour or hour and a half, so no big deal. I have to say, the most embarrassing part of the whole thing was when my ps came in to the pre-op room and drew all over my body with a sharpie. My husband was watching and I am soooooo ticklish !!! OMG My body probably looked like a drawing that my 3 year old did. I felt like I was on Nip/Tuck, but I'm not hot. LMAO.

After surgery, I elected to stay for the evening, and went home the next day. At first, my boobs were ROCK hard ! They were really hard for quite a while. They felt like I was breast feeding again. I actually followed my doctor's orders and took it easy for about 6 weeks, then went back to work. I would say that I was feeling like myself after 3 weeks or so, but I enjoyed the "free" time anyway, just to be sure.

Can I tell you how exciting it was to actually fit into my clothes again ? You know, those ones that have a place in the back of the closet for when "You lose a little weight" although that have occupied that corner for 3 years ? I pulled those out and they fit ! They FREAKING fit !!!

Ok. I am 5'2 and I have been wearing DD+ bras since having my kids. Just because I could wear a medium shirt because it fit my waist, my giant boobs would make me have to buy an XL blouse. Then, the shirt hangs off of my and I look like I am wearing a garbage bag.

So I could finally bring back clothes into my rotation and everyone compliments me "Is that a new sweater ? Did you lose weight?" It's awesome !!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.