Friday, June 13, 2014

"Muscle Weakness"

Well, I just returned from yet another surgery. This time to repair my "muscle weakness". After the last surgery to remove the scar tissue from my lower left abdomen, my muscle didn't bounce back like it should have. So, my intestines were pushing out beyond my waistline (about 4 inches).  We waited a few weeks to be sure that my insides were all healed. Yesterday was the big deal. It is weird to say it, but I was counting down the days. I have had to wear my fat pants because none of my other pants would fit around the bulge.

This surgery was pretty simple, just repairing the muscle and adding more mesh. However, it seemed much more painful last night. The incision wasn't the worst part. The new drain that was placed in my pelvic area is killing me ! It is a really sharp pain when I go to the bathroom or try to get back into bed. It's not quite as bad today, so I am hoping that it will disapate over the next few days.

Until then, I am under strict orders (from my husband) to sit in my recliner and not do anything. I definitely don't want this to happen again !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the highly personal nature of this blog, all comments must first be read by the administrator before they are posted.